It is likely you have heard people talk about the importance of getting a good night’s sleep, but how do you know if you are getting enough sleep?
Here is an easy way to determine what your body’s actual and natural sleep requirement is. Take one or two weeks (this usually works best when on vacation) and do the following:
- Go to bed at the exact same time every night
- Follow the same routine (you might read or watch TV for 30 min)
- Do not set any alarm clocks
- Allow yourself to spontaneously wake up.
During the first few days, if your body has acquired some sleep debt, you might find yourself waking up at variable times. However, over the course of that one to two week time period, you will find yourself waking up at the same time consistently. This is the amount of time you should allot yourself for sleep, in order to function at your highest and most efficient state.
- 5 Common Summer Injuries That A Physical Therapist Can Help Treat - June 20, 2022
- Combating Deconditioning With Physical Therapy - June 15, 2022
- Managing High Blood Pressure With Physical Therapy - June 13, 2022