We want to wake up each morning feeling refreshed and ready to attack the day, but just like the battery on our smartphones, our energy level can drain quickly due to a number of daily factors, and that can leave you without enough energy to finish the day strong. However, if you are smart about how you approach each day and you take a few steps along the way to boost your energy level, we’re confident that you’ll be able to stave off feelings of fatigue until later in the evening. In today’s blog, we share some tips for feeling more energized throughout the day.
Finding More Energy Each Day
Here are some simple tips for feeling more energized throughout the day.
- Connect With A Physical Therapist – This may seem a little self-serving coming from a physical therapy clinic, but pain and mobility restrictions can be extremely draining, and who better to help you with that than a physical therapist! We can help strengthen different structures, expand your flexibility, and make normal movement patterns more comfortable. All of this will help to reduce your discomfort and greatly increase your energy levels. When your body isn’t constantly being drained by pain, you will find that you have more energy to attack each day. Let us help you get pain and mobility restrictions under control and allow you to focus your energy on other more enjoyable pursuits.
- Improve Your Sleep Quality – Improving your sleep quality is the single best no cost way to boost your energy levels. You don’t need to pay for a gym membership, choose healthier foods that come with a higher price tag or pay to connect with a doctor, you simply need to prioritize better sleep. Avoid caffeine late in the evening, go to bed and wake up around the same time each night, and make the bedroom an ideal environment for uninterrupted sleep. That means that you need to keep the television turned off and your phone on silent on a bedside table. Improving your sleep quality is a simple way to greatly increase your energy levels.
- Develop A Healthier Diet – Our bodies draw nutrients from food sources that help to fuel our actions, so it stands to reason that a good diet can boost your energy levels, while a poor diet can leave us feeling fatigued. Diets that are rich in leafy green vegetables, whole grains, omega-3 fatty acids and lean protein can all provide the right kind of fuel for our bodies, whereas sugary products and carbohydrate-dense options can give us a short energy boost and then lead to an energy crash. You may also find that you have more energy if you opt for more smaller meals throughout the day instead of fewer large meals, as the digestive process can be quite taxing on your body.
- Exercise – It may seem counterintuitive to perform some physically exhausting exercises if you’re hoping to have more energy throughout the day, but activity can actually help you feel more energized. Exercise gets your heart rate up and pushes oxygenated blood throughout your body, helping them function more easily. Movement and activity can also lead to the release of endorphins in your brain, which act as natural pain relievers. As we talked about above, when you’re experiencing less pain, you have more energy for other activities. Add 30-45 minutes of low- or moderate-intensity exercise to your daily routine, and you may find that you’re feeling more energized throughout the day.
If you can do these four things, we’re confident that you’ll notice that you have more energy to get through the day. And if you need help overcoming a painful condition that is draining your energy reserves, reach out to the team at OrthoRehab Specialists today at (612) 339-2041.
- How Technology Is Innovating The World Of Physical Therapy - June 5, 2023
- How Patients Can Make Their Physical Therapy Exercises More Fun - June 2, 2023
- Does Medicare Pay For Physical Therapy? - May 30, 2023