Having the right mindset is essential during any physical therapy interaction. Going into a physical therapy session with a bad attitude isn’t going to be beneficial for anyone. Obviously changing your mindset is easier said than done. While you can power through the physical exercises easy enough, you can’t always change your opinions, desires and thoughts on a whim. In this article, we offer seven tips for improving your mindset during physical therapy.
How to Change Your PT Mindset
If you’re having trouble changing your mindset or you find yourself fearing an exercise or therapy routine, we recommend the following:
- Switch physical therapists to find one you better connect with.
- Focus on everything you’ll be able to do again assuming therapy goes as planned.
- Set attainable short-term and long-term goals, and celebrate meeting these milestones.
- Educate yourself on your condition and rehabilitation timeline.
- Ask questions and bring up anything that concerns you to your physical therapist.
- Ask for help if you’re finding one or more aspects of your physical therapy to be overly challenging.
- Trust that your therapist is only asking you to do these exercises because they want you to make the fullest recovery possible.
So if you want to change your mindset and stop dreading your therapy routine, sync up with the talented team of therapists at OrthoRehab Specialists today. We have decades of experience providing physical therapy care to patients throughout the Twin Cities area. We offer direct access to physical therapy so you can set up an appointment with us even if you don’t have a referral. Reach out today to set up an appointment at our Minneapolis or Edina clinics.
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Health If You Live In The Twin Cities - December 5, 2022
- What Is Cupping Therapy And What Are The Benefits? - November 30, 2022
- 6 Benefits Of Physical Therapy During The Winter - November 28, 2022