When you imagine a physical therapy clinic, you probably picture people working to overcome a sports injury or rehab following a surgical procedure. These are two obvious groups of people who would benefit from physical therapy, but there are also plenty of people who are receiving physical therapy for some not-so-obvious reasons. In today’s blog, we take a closer look at three not-so-obvious reasons why someone should consider connecting with a physical therapist.
Subtle Reasons You Should Seek Out Physical Therapy
You don’t need to be an injured athlete or working your way back after a surgical procedure to benefit from some sessions with a physical therapist. If any of the following statements apply to you, odds are you could benefit from some physical therapy.
- Everyday Actions Are Becoming Harder – We oftentimes take simple movements for granted until one day they just aren’t as easy as they used to be. If you’re finding that running a vacuum or reaching for the top shelf of your pantry has become difficult or painful, don’t just assume that this is a natural part of getting older. We can help identify your physical issues and set you up with a care plan that strengthens your body and so that everyday movements are no longer painful or uncomfortable. If you’ve noticed that once-simple movements are no longer easy, consider reaching out to the team at OrthoRehab Specialists.
- Shying Away From Activities You Love – If you’ve noticed that you’re no longer pursuing activities you once loved because of pain, it’s time to connect with a physical therapist. Let us help you get back to swinging that golf club or pickleball paddle without pain so that you can keep doing all the activities you love. Don’t let your quality of life suffer because pain is keeping you from all the activities you enjoy. Instead, connect with a physical therapist and work to overcome any physical limitations that are forcing you away from the activities you want to pursue.
- You’re Tiring Faster – If you’re finding that you are fatiguing faster after activity, or you’re just more drained of energy at the end of the day than you normally are, it’s time to connect with a physical therapist. There are a number of factors that affect our energy levels, and we’ll be happy to show you how you can find and maintain more energy throughout the day. Whether that involves cultivating an enjoyable and rewarding exercise routine that helps you overcome debilitating pain or teaching you how your diet and nutrient intake can positively or negatively affect your energy levels, we can help you feel more energized throughout the day. You don’t want to feel fatigued throughout the day, and you don’t have to if you’re willing to connect with a physical therapy team.
If any of the above reasons apply to your situation, we strongly urge you to consider taking that first step and setting up an appointment with a physical therapist. If you want to feel stronger, more energized and capable of pursuing all the activities you love, we can help you achieve these goals. For more information, or to book your first appointment with a member of our team, give OrthoRehab Specialists a call today at (612) 339-2041.
- Improve Your Relationship With Movement Through Physical Therapy - December 6, 2023
- Which States Have The Most And Least Active Individuals? - December 4, 2023
- How To Stay Motivated During Your Physical Therapy Program - November 29, 2023