Whether you’re looking to recover from an injury or simply become a better athlete, we know that you can pursue these goals through a number of different outlets. Perhaps you connect with your primary care physician, you sync up with your team’s athletic trainer, or you look online for a new workout routine. You have a lot of choices when it comes to your care, but we find that time and time again, athletes decide to work with our team when striving to hit their rehabilitation or strength training goals. In today’s blog, we explain why so many athletes choose OrthoRehab Specialists for their care.
Why Athletes Choose Physical Therapy With Our Team
There are a number of different physical therapy clinics in the greater Twin Cities area, and odds are we’re not the closest facility to your home. So why do so many people still opt to come to OrthoRehab Specialists for their care? Here’s why:
- Individualize Care – You’re going to get individualized care when you come to OrthoRehab Specialists. You’re not going to feel like just another client on the daily schedule. We’re going to take the time to get to know your strengths, your deficits and your goals so that we can cultivate a PT plan that is perfect for your current needs. We’ll also regularly tweak this plan as you make improvements so that you can continue to progress.
- Sports Background – The vast majority of our therapy team played high school or college sports, meaning we have a better understanding of the physical demands of your sport and which soft tissues would benefit most from different exercises. We understand the forces at play during your pitching motion and the importance of a strong core for hockey players, so we can not only develop a plan catered to the athlete, but also a plan catered to the sport you play.
- High-Tech Care – We also have access to a number of advanced technologies that can take your recovery to the next level. We can use motion capturing devices to analyze your form in slow motion in order to make slight adjustments to improve your movement pattern, or we can use blood restriction techniques to strengthen muscles in a shorter amount of time. We have a technological advantage on our side that we put to good use for all our athletes.
- Athlete Onboarding – We understand that athletes are more likely to suffer an injury during the early stages of the season or when they rush back from injury too quickly, so we work with all our athletes to ensure they are prepared to return to the rigors of their sport. We help our clients gradually take on larger physical challenges while also working on other aspects of sports performance like endurance and stamina to ensure they are ready for action once they step back on the field. We make sure all our athletes are physically and mentally prepared for the demands of their sport before they return to action.
- Education – Finally, we strive to give all our athletes the information they need to continue improving their physical performance when they leave the clinic. For some, that means developing a sport-specific exercise routine or charting some home-based physical therapy exercises. For others, it means cultivating a diet and nutrition program so that their body better maximizes the food they use to fuel it during competition. We want to give you the tools to succeed in your sport long after you’ve left our office for the last time, and we do that by working to educate each client based on their personal needs and goals.
Let us put our reputation to the test for you. We’ve helped countless athletes overcome devastating injuries and earn college scholarships, and we want to help make you the best athlete you can be. For more information, or for help with a different physical issue, reach out to the team at OrthoRehab Specialists today at (612) 339-2041.
- Improve Your Relationship With Movement Through Physical Therapy - December 6, 2023
- Which States Have The Most And Least Active Individuals? - December 4, 2023
- How To Stay Motivated During Your Physical Therapy Program - November 29, 2023