Many people think of physical therapy as a treatment option solely for athletes. And while physical rehab is certainly used often in the treatment of athlete injuries, it can also be used to effectively treat a wide range of other patients. In this article, we are going to discuss how physical therapy can be used to successfully treat patients who are not athletes.
Who Physical Therapy can Help
Professional athletes are very familiar with physical therapy. Most professional sports teams have their own team of physical therapists on hand to assist players before, during, and after a game – as well as during training. This is the most common picture people have of a physical therapist – helping professional athletes compete at their highest level. But that’s not the whole picture. Of course, it is true that physical therapists do help professional athletes. However, physical therapy can also be a great help in treating other patients who are not professional athletes.
Here are just a few situations in which a physical therapist can help:
- After Surgery. Recovering from a surgical procedure can be difficult and painful. Your body needs time to heal from the surgical trauma and adjust to the new changes. Physical therapy can help speed up your recovery by improving your range-of-motion, functionality, and pain levels.
- Injury Recovery. Physical therapy can also help patients recover from all sorts of injuries – from car crashes, to work injuries.
- Other Conditions. Arthritic conditions, musculoskeletal disorders, and certain congenital conditions can all benefit from physical therapy.
Minneapolis / St. Paul Physical Therapy
The Minnesota physical therapists at OrthoRehab Specialists have almost three decades of experience providing treatment to patients throughout the Twin Cities area. We have great respect in the medical community, with more than 600 providers regularly referring their patients to us for continued care. If you don’t have a prescription or referral, that’s fine too! We offer direct access to physical therapy in Minnesota. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment with one of our physical therapy specialists. Our primary rehabilitation clinics are located in Edina and Minneapolis, but we treat patients throughout Minnesota.
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Health If You Live In The Twin Cities - December 5, 2022
- What Is Cupping Therapy And What Are The Benefits? - November 30, 2022
- 6 Benefits Of Physical Therapy During The Winter - November 28, 2022