In life, there are some times when “good enough” just doesn’t cut it. One area of your life where you should never settle for good enough is your health. If you’re recovering after an injury or trying to work your way back following a surgical operation, you shouldn’t be satisfied with good enough, because you only get one body. Below, we explain how the team at OrthoRehab Specialists can ensure we help you achieve maximum recovery following an injury or surgery so that you don’t have to compromise when it comes to your health.
Making The Strongest Recovery Possible
As we mentioned in the introduction, you only get one body, so don’t settle for good physical function when great physician function is possible. But how can you push yourself to make the fullest recovery possible following an injury or surgery? Oftentimes that’s easiest if you pair up with a PT. Here’s how we’ll help:
- We’ll Challenge You – Making the fullest recovery possible means pushing a person beyond what’s comfortable. We don’t want any exercises to be painful, but we also don’t want them to be easy, because then you’re not challenging your body to improve. It’s easier to push yourself physically when there is a professional helping to hold you accountable or who can modify your rehab plan so that it is the right level of challenge for you.
- Bring You Along At The Right Pace – Not only can we adjust your plan to give you the right amount of a physical challenge to improve function, but we can also bring you along at the right pace so that you’re not at risk for reinjury. If you jump back into activity too quickly, you might suffer another injury and your physical function will again be hampered. We’ll help bring you along at the right speed to help you achieve maximum recovery.
- Education – Understanding why we’re asking you to perform certain exercises and which related activities can help or hinder your recovery is imperative to making a full recovery. Your physical therapist can help explain why certain exercises are so important or evaluate your lifestyle to identify some potential pitfalls to full recovery.
- Develop A Home Routine – We love helping our clients in the office, but we know that it’s unreasonable for them to stop into the clinic every day. In order to make the most functional improvement, you need to continue working on your exercises between visits at the clinic. We’ll help develop an in-home therapy routine for you to drive home recovery between visits.
- Activity-Specific Therapy – Finally, our team also specializes in helping prepare individuals for the activities they do most. That means if you’re a soccer player recovering from an ankle injury, we’ll not only strengthen the area, we’ll develop an individualized recovery routine that ensures your body can handle the rigors of your sport. We don’t just focus on the injury, we focus on your lifestyle and work to ensure that your recovery gets you back to doing all the things you love to do with no hesitancy because of a lingering injury.
For more information on how we can help ensure you don’t settle for “good enough” with your recovery, or to set up an appointment with our team, give us a call today at (612) 339-2041.
- How To Stay Motivated During Your Physical Therapy Program - November 29, 2023
- 5 Tips For Communicating With Your Physical Therapist - November 27, 2023
- How To Safely Increase Exercise Duration And Intensity - November 21, 2023