If you have been referred to a physical therapist for treatment or you know you’ll need some physical therapy sessions after a surgical procedure, you may be wondering what you need to bring to your first appointment. We have all the equipment you’ll need to thrive during your session, but we’ll still want you to bring a few things along to your first session. In today’s blog, we explain what you’ll want to bring to your first physical therapy appointment.
What’s You’ll Need At Your First PT Visit
Here’s a look at what we want you to bring to your first physical therapy appointment at our clinic.
- Photo ID – Bring a valid photo ID, driver’s license, school ID or passport to help confirm your identity.
- Insurance Card – If we’ll be billing insurance for part or all of your services, we’ll need to have an updated record of your insurance information.
- Form Of Payment – If you’re going to be paying for part or all of the bill, you’ll want to bring an accepted form of payment.
- Referral Information – If you were referred to our clinic by a physician, bring that referral along.
- Relevant Imaging – If you had x-rays, an MRI or another imaging exam taken at another clinic, bring those images or have the original clinic forward them to our clinic.
- Comfortable Clothes – Wear comfortable clothes to your first appointment. We might have you do some exercises and stretches, and that’s easier in comfortable clothes or athletic wear.
- A Strong Work Ethic – Finally, while we can get by without some of the above information at your first session, we really hope that you bring the last item on our list. We want all our patients to bring a strong work ethic and a positive mindset about physical therapy. We’re here to help you heal and become physically stronger, but that will only happen if you’re willing to put in the work. If you just go through the motions, you’re only cheating yourself. Bring a desire to help fuel your recovery to your first physical therapy appointment.
If you can bring all of those things, we’re confident that your physical therapy will get off to a great start. For more information about your therapy options, or to set up your first appointment, give the team at OrthoRehab Specialists a call today at (612) 339-2041.
- What Is Gait Training Physical Therapy? - March 22, 2023
- What To Expect From Physical Therapy After A Broken Arm - March 20, 2023
- What Are The 7 Types Of Physical Therapy? - March 15, 2023