The first step in treating balance issues (or anything for that matter) is to identify the underlying cause of the issue. We discussed some methods for identifying balance issues in a previous blog. In today’s blog, we take a closer look at all the ways physical therapy can help prevent balance problems and falls.
Crafting a Treatment Plan
Once we understand what’s causing your balance issues, we’ll be able to craft a treatment plan suited to your individual needs. Some common treatment techniques for balance issues include a combination of some of the following:
- Targeted muscle strengthening exercises
- Flexibility and range of motion exercises
- Home assessments to identify and address potential fall hazards
- Patient education on how to prevent falls based on their individual needs
- Implementation of assistive walking devices
- Inner ear adjustments
- Gait correction
Don’t wait until after a fall to begin working to prevent balance problems, because by then it may be too late. Instead, talk with your primary care physician or a physical therapy team about your concerns and let us get to the bottom of your issue. Don’t become another fall statistic, and don’t let balance problems prevent you from living a full life.
Physical Therapists in Minnesota
To help take back control of your balance, reach out to the experienced physical therapy team at OrthoRehab Specialists today. Our physical therapists have been helping patients with balance issues for decades. We offer direct access to physical therapy so you can make an appointment with us even if you don’t have a referral from another provider. Contact us today to set up your appointment at one of our convenient Twin Cities physical therapy clinics (located in Edina and Minneapolis). We can help you get to the bottom of your balance issues and back to living life to the fullest!
- How To Stay Motivated During Your Physical Therapy Program - November 29, 2023
- 5 Tips For Communicating With Your Physical Therapist - November 27, 2023
- How To Safely Increase Exercise Duration And Intensity - November 21, 2023