October is national physical therapy month, so we want to do our part by helping educate people about the role physical therapy plays in helping you prevent and treat injuries. Learn more about how physical therapy can help you become more physically fit and recover after an injury in today’s blog.
The Importance Of Physical Therapy
Physical therapy helps patients in countless ways. It helps by:
- Helping Patients Make Fuller Recoveries – In order to make the fullest recovery after an injury, you have to work to strengthen key muscle groups and stabilize the area. Physical therapy can help do just that.
- Avoid Opioids – Painkillers can play a crucial role in a patient’s recovery, but there are plenty of risks associated with opioids, including but not limited to addiction, dependence, and overdose. Physical therapy can help to reduce a person’s reliance on opioids.
- Functional Improvement – Physical therapy can help improve joint flexibility and range of motion in areas like your knees, spine, and hips.
- Independence and Quality of Life – If you’ve been unable to do the activities you love, or you’re becoming more dependent on others due to physical restrictions, physical therapy can help improve your quality of life. Many patients are able to return to biking, running, swimming and athletic activities once they’ve progressed through their physical therapy routine.
- Prevent Future Injuries – We help to prevent future injuries by strengthening recovering structures and teaching patients about the biomechanics that led to the onset of their discomfort.
- Patient Education – We work to give patients the tools they need to manage their physical condition on their own from the comfort of their home.
- Reduce Patient Costs – Physical therapy helps lead to faster and fuller recoveries, which helps to keep costs down.
- Improving Sleep Quality – Sleep is an important aspect of your health, and by working with a physical therapist, you can improve your sleep quality.
- Take Your Game To The Next Level – We don’t just work with injured athletes looking to recover, we also can help train athletes to take their game to the next level. From biomechanical analysis to form improvements, we can help you get an edge on the competition.
Minnesota Physical Therapy Clinics
We’ve helped countless patients improve their health after an injury or surgery, and we can do the same for you. Take the next step during National Physical Therapy month and optimize your physical performance. For more information, or to learn what a physical therapist can do for you, reach out to the team at OrthoRehab Specialists today.