Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and in the spirit of giving thanks to those around us, we wanted to share a few ways that you can give back to the physical therapist in your life. They devote their time and effort to helping you heal and become a stronger version of yourself, so if you can show them that you appreciate what they’re doing, it can make their day. Below, we take a look at some ways you can show your appreciation to your physical therapist.
Thanking Your Physical Therapist
You’d be amazed at how a little sign of thanks and appreciation can go a long way for your physical therapist. Here are some simple and easy ways to show that you’re thankful that they are your PT.
- Show Up Regularly And On Time – One of the easiest ways to show your physical therapist that you care about them and respect their time is to show up to all your appointments as scheduled. Be on time and come ready to work, and it will show your physical therapist that you take their role seriously. We love when patients show up on time and put in great effort during their session, and it’s an easy way to show your PT that you’re thankful for the services they provide.
- Send A Card – If you’ve recovered and have returned to all the physical activities that you enjoy, take a minute to write a thank you card to your physical therapist and send it to their office. Let us know what activities you’re back to doing, because we’re happiest when we can help you return to the most physically active version of yourself. Send your PT a thank you card and let them know that you wouldn’t be where you are today without their help.
- Leave A Review – If you want to say thank you and let others know about your wonderful experience, consider leaving an online review. Head to social media or simply search for the practice on Google (“OrthoRehab PT MN” should get you there), and then leave some kind words for the practice or some specific team members. Not only will they appreciate the shoutout, but it will also help others who are looking online to find a physical therapist to assist.
Don’t be afraid to let your physical therapist know that you are thankful for all they do if you experienced a great outcome after an injury or surgery. One last thing we do want to note is that physical gifts with monetary value are generally not acceptable, simply because governing bodies can view these types of things as a conflict of interest between patient and provider. Physical gifts are not necessary, so steer away from things like gift cards or other valuable items that can put your physical therapist in an awkward position. Homemade gifts that can be shared with all staff members are generally acceptable, but a simple card or glowing review will work just fine.
So give thanks to those around you this Thanksgiving. We’re so incredibly thankful for all the wonderful patients we work with on a daily basis, because you make our job so rewarding. Have a great Thanksgiving!
- How To Give Thanks To Your Physical Therapist - November 22, 2022
- Pelvic Physical Therapy For Common Men’s Health Conditions - November 21, 2022
- 3 Things Your Physical Therapist Can Do That Your Doctor Can’t - November 16, 2022