There are many benefits of physical therapy – from pain relief, to mobility improvement. But many people are not aware of the extent of the benefits that physical therapy can provide. In this article, we are going to discuss a few of the benefits of working one-on-one with a physical therapist.
The Many Benefits of Physical Therapy
The list of potential physical therapy benefits is long. Here are a few of the greatest benefits of working hand-in-hand with a skilled physical therapist:
- Injury prevention.
- Alternative to surgery and/or prescription drugs.
- Improve physical activity and athletic performance.
- Restore normal movement for basic activities (standing, walking, running, etc.).
- Improve recovery from surgery, injury, or disability.
- Decrease pain.
- Improve balance, muscle strength, and coordination.
- Promote wound healing.
- Improve breathing, endurance, and cardiovascular function.
In order to get the most out of your physical therapy program it’s important to work with an experience physical therapist in a one-on-one scenario. This allows your physical therapist to get an in-depth understanding of your situation and how to best address it from a rehabilitation perspective. Before you make a decision about which physical therapist or clinic to go with, make sure that you will be working one-on-one with a particular physical therapist who understands your situation.
Physical Therapy in the Twin Cities
At OrthoRehab Specialists, our physical therapists have more than three decades of experience providing rehabilitation care to patients throughout the Twin Cities. Our physical therapists can work directly with you to develop a treatment strategy (consisting of exercises, stretches, and other modalities) that addresses your unique needs. Contact us today to set up your appointment at one of our Twin Cities physical therapy clinics (located in Edina and Minneapolis), and learn more about how we can help you regain your lost mobility.
- How To Stay Motivated During Your Physical Therapy Program - November 29, 2023
- 5 Tips For Communicating With Your Physical Therapist - November 27, 2023
- How To Safely Increase Exercise Duration And Intensity - November 21, 2023