PT, MS, MA, OCS, CLT
HOMETOWN: Briarcliff Manor, NY
SPECIALTIES: Breast Cancer Rehabilitation, Head and Neck Cancer Rehabilitation, Lymphedema Education and Treatment, Back and Shoulder Pain
- Cancer Rehabilitation: Use of evidence-based manual therapy and exercise to help return people to their prior level of function during and after cancer treatment. This includes evaluation prior to surgery as well as treatment through chemotherapy, radiation, initial and reconstructive therapies, and years afterwards if difficulties persist.
- Lymphedema: education, risk reduction, and treatment.
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation (neck, back, shoulder, hip, knee, and other injuries): Minimize pain and function (flexibility, strength, daily movement patterns) to allow people to lead their daily lives without being limited by pain.
PHYSICAL THERAPY DEGREE: Washington University School of Medicine
Master of Arts in Kinesiology / Exercise Physiology – The University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Science: Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University
Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Board Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist
MEMBERSHIPS: Minnesota Physical Therapy Association, American Physical Therapy Associations: Oncology and Orthopaedic Sections
BEST PART OF MY WORK: Making a positive difference in people’s lives, being on the cutting edge of cancer and orthopaedic rehabilitation, and acting as an advocate for my patients. I feel honored to play a role in people’s recovery, whether from cancer treatment, trauma, or general wear and tear. I enjoy working with other passionate members of the medical team, including PTs, MDs, and RNs, and others to give the patient the best care possible.
WHY I BECAME A PHYSICAL THERAPIST: In middle school I thought the human muscle chart was absolutely amazing and knew then that I would be in the medical field. I have had many injuries due to sports over the years and know how much physical therapy can help. At this stage in my career I love working closely with people from all walks of life and enjoy being a positive part of their recovery.
HOW I SPEND MY FREE TIME: Trying to keep up with my two wonderfully active sons and husband, doing any outdoor activity, especially running, walking, and cycling. I love working out as it gives me both inner and outer strength. Time with family and friends is cherished and is another reason I chose this profession.
- National Lymphedema Network
- Lymphedema Education & Research Network
- Oncology Section of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Klose Training (Lymphedema Certification & Information)
- Susan G Komen
- American Cancer Society
- Firefly Sisterhood
- Underneath It All (Mastectomy Store)
- Heidi’s Mastectomy Store
- Breast Cancer Education Association
- Expert Panel Speaker @ 1st Annual Midwest Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference
- “Exercise, Therapy, and Cancer”
- November 04, 2017
- “Lymphedema Update”
- Underneath it All / Mastectomy Store in Eden Prairie
- 10/2016, 4/2017, 10/2017
- “Exercise and Cancer”
- Sista’s Rock Retreat
- October 21, 2017
- “Clinical Insight: Breast Cancer Rehabilitation”
- Essentially Women Conference
- September 18, 2017