Achilles tendinitis is a serious degenerative condition that can be effectively treated with physical therapy. But not many people are aware of Achilles tendinitis or its related symptoms. In this physical therapy education article, we are going to offer up a few interesting tidbits about Achilles Tendinitis.
Achilles Tendinitis Facts
- Achilles tendinitis is the most common overuse injury in the lower leg, accounting for 5-18% of total number of running injuries.
- Spiked running shoes (which provide minimal shock absorption and lock feet on the surface during single support phase of running) have been correlated with achilles tendinitis.
- Some patients will present with pain and stiffness in the morning or complain of pain at the start of activity, which improves as the activity progresses.
- Pain at rest can be felt in the achilles at more advanced stages.
- Differential diagnosis of achilles tendinitis are: retrocalcaneal bursitis, metabolic disease, arthritis, chondropathic diseases of the ankle joint, plantar heel pain, tibia vara, calcaneal stress fracture, os trigonum, and calcaneal contusion.
- The achilles tendon is the largest and strongest tendon in the body.
Rehabilitation Specialists in MN
If an injury or condition is preventing you from living life to the fullest, physical therapy can help. The skilled physical therapists at OrthoRehab Specialists have decades of experience helping patients throughout the Twin Cities regain their strength and mobility. We offer direct access to physical therapy so you can make an appointment even if you don’t have a referral. Reach out to us today to learn more about the rehabilitation services we offer and set up an appointment with our physical therapists. Our clinics are located in Minneapolis and Edina, but we working with patients throughout the Twin Cities.
- What To Expect From Physical Therapy After A Broken Arm - March 20, 2023
- What Are The 7 Types Of Physical Therapy? - March 15, 2023
- Why Luck Has Nothing To Do With Your Recovery After Surgery - March 13, 2023