Achilles tendinitis is a common and painful condition that is often misunderstood. In this article, we are going to take a look at five important facts about Achilles tendinitis.
- Achilles tendinitis is the most common overuse injury in the lower leg, accounting for 5-18% of
totalnumber of running injuries.
- Spiked running shoes (which provide minimal shock absorption and lock feet on the surface during single support phase of running) have been correlated with
- Some patients will present with pain and stiffness in the morning or complain of pain at the start of
activity, which improves as the activity progresses.
- Pain at rest can be felt in the
achillesat more advanced stages.
- Differential diagnosis of
achillestendinitis retrocalcaneal bursitis, metabolic disease, arthritis, chondropathic diseases of the ankle joint, plantar heel pain, tibia vara, calcaneal stress fracture, os are: trigonum, and calcaneal contusion.
If you’re suffering from any of the signs and symptoms of Achilles tendinitis, physical therapy can help! Contact us today to set up an appointment with a Twin Cities physical therapists. Our primary clinics are located in Minneapolis and Edina.
PT of Costa Rican National Soccer Team for 2007 World Cup in Victoria, CAN. Clinical Instructor for University of Minnesota Doctor of Physical Therapy Affiliations
Latest posts by Andy Masis (see all)
- Preventing & Treating Running Related Knee Injuries - April 24, 2019
- The Many Benefits of Isokinetic Exercise Equipment - April 15, 2019
- How to Return to Walking After Being in a Cast Boot - April 10, 2019