Please join us for the 16th Annual Breast Cancer Education Conference, presented by the Breast Cancer Education Association. The event is on Saturday, October 7 and will feature presentations, lunch, and roundtable sessions. Find more information about the event and register below!
Here are the details of the event:
- Time: Saturday, October 7, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM (CDT)
- Location: TIES Conference Center 1644 Larpenteur Avenue West St. Paul, MN 55108
About the Conference
The Breast Cancer Education Conference is a very special day dedicated to learning, sharing, and communicating with others in our community whose lives have been impacted by breast cancer. This conference gives everyone the knowledge that is so very necessary to deal with this disease and that it also empowers us with the strength needed to go through this journey.
This year’s conference will highlight current research re: cancer development featuring Carol Lange, PhD, survivorship issues with Kelly Grosklags, and triple negative breast cancer with Dr. Stuart Bloom. There will also be a variety of topics covered in Reality Roundtable sessions.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Registration & Resource Center Open
- Your one-stop shop for the latest breast health products, services and resources from local breast health organizations. (continental breakfast)
9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Welcome & Announcements
9:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Keynote:
- A Look Inside a Developing Tumor
- Carol Lange, PhD, Professor Medicine and Pharmacology Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology at the University of Minnesota, Dr. Lange will provide a look inside a developing tumor and discuss why, over time, breast cancer tumors can change.
10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Break & Resource Center
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Living Well Beyond Diagnosis
- Kelly Homes Grosklags, LICSW, Oncology Psychotherapist, Grief Counseling
- Kelly will guide you through living well beyond diagnosis, transforming fear, life-changing illness, maintaining hope and living with courage.
11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Break & Resource Center
11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch, BCEA Award & seminar
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer in Context
- Stuart Bloom Minnesota Oncology expert Dr. Stuart Bloom will provide the latest information in oncology treatments of triple negative breast cancer and how the specific biology of each cancer directs treatments.
1:15 p.m . – 2:30 p.m. Reality Check Roundtables – 2 30-minute sessions
Read more about the event and register here.
- 3 Signs That Your Sciatica Would Respond Well To Physical Therapy - February 2, 2023
- What To Expect From Physical Therapy After Spine Surgery - January 30, 2023
- 4 Treatments To Consider If You’re Dealing With Fibromyalgia - January 25, 2023